Monday, March 25, 2013

Lazing on a Sunday


Sunday was a day of recycling, refreshment, renewal. I did my regular (quarterly) purging at the Westport Goodwill. Donated a fine, wool Joseph Abboud two-button suit (which I'd purchased seven years ago at a Seattle Goodwill for $35), classic double-breasted London Fog raincoat (with the bonus zip-out lining), books, dress shoes, Skechers, oven mitts, and those little porcelain "collectibles" that come in every box of Red Rose tea. In return, I scored a sweet beige cashmere wool mock turtleneck (Barney's! Made in Italy!) for $13 with tax.

By now, I was ready for renewal - my bi-weekly massage with MZ. Damn, she relaxes me.-balances my chakras and Reiki. I'm not sure exactly what she's doing, but damn, I feel fine.Centered, as they say. I often go all set to vent and unload the Women Issues of The Week on her (yep, I've got a few), but I wind up snoring after about 15 minutes.
Now I'm wondering what they'll sell that suit for at Goodwill ...

No comments:

Post a Comment